Friday, May 21, 2010

Double Bottom Line Book Recommendation: SuperCorp by Rosabeth Moss Kanter


In her latest book SuperCorp, Rosabeth Moss Kanter examines "How Vanguard Companies Create Innovation, Profits, Growth, and Social Good."

Although she doesn't use the term "The Double Bottom Line," the companies she profiles are clearly using a DBL strategy as I define it - doing well by doing good.

The book is based on a three-year investigation of what some of the most successful companies are doing to make the world a better place. In the process, they have increased their bottom line by building stronger tribes internally and externally.

I'm headed to Boston next week for my 20th Reunion from the Harvard Business School where Rosabeth Moss Kanter chairs the Harvard Advanced Leadership Initiative. I met her when she was in Atlanta recently presenting the book to the Harvard Business School Club of Atlanta.

I had been talking about The Double Bottom Line concept for years but listening to her and reading her book inspired me to focus on it more intently. Thus it is now the focus of my marketing consulting business.

Wikipedia Link for Rosabeth Moss Kanter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosabeth_Moss_Kanter


Harvard Business Review: http://blogs.hbr.org/kanter



No comments:

Post a Comment